If you are looking for a fast way to start a your career in health care, you may want to consider registering for CNA classes online. Right now there is a great demand for certified nursing assistants (CNA). In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has projected this demand to create 20% more jobs through the year 2020. Also, by comparison the salary for a CNA vs other non-degree positions is pretty solid.
By taking CNA classes online, you will receive the training necessary to join this exploding employment market as well as set yourself up for other health care positions.
Where Can I Find Online CNA Classes?
A number of vocational schools, hospitals, community colleges and other institutions offer online training for certified nursing assistants. You can find these at your fingertips using the internet. For your convenience, we have provided a tool for up to date listings of the best CNA classes online in your area as well as around the country.
CNA Classes Online – Now Accepting Students
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Education
- Passionate about nursing? Further your career by enrolling in GCU's RN to BSN program or Master of Science in Nursing program.
- The CCNE-accredited RN to BSN program is designed for registered nurses with an associate degree or diploma in nursing who are looking to further their education.
- The Master of Science in Nursing degrees are designed for BSN-prepared nurses who wish to broaden their knowledge in a specialty area.
- The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has been providing outstanding health care education for over 30 years.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid & more!
- M.S. in Nursing: Nursing Leadership in Health Care Systems
- BSN completion program for Registered Nurses is available entirely online.
- The RN to BSN program is designed to help students advance their career, or prepare for post-graduate opportunities.
- Courses teach modern health assessment and treatment methods, how to evaluate potential disease or injury, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Forensic Psychology (MA) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing Leadership - Master's
- Nursing Education - Master's
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
What Are the Advantages of Online Training?
Why CNA classes online? Over the past few years online education programs have becoming increasingly popular with over 6.7 million students enrolled in at least one online course. As the popularity has grown, the myths surrounding online education have been disappearing. There has been a vast improvement in the excellence of training for programs such as CNA classes online. Let’s look at a few of the top advantages offered by online classes.
Unlike traditional schools, you set your own class schedule that fits your busy lifestyle. This is perfect for parents or people with full time jobs since you can study whenever you have time to spare. No longer will you have to miss a family function or miss part of your work day to go to class.
Much like the flexibility of schedule, convenience is an important factor. In CNA classes online, you are able to take your classes from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Imagine taking a class while sitting by the pool, lying in your bed, at the coffee shop or almost anywhere –the possibilities are endless.
Closely tied in with flexibility and convenience, a balance in life is important for success and a well rounded person. You may have other important responsibilities that are impossible to juggle while attending a traditional CNA program. This becomes less of an issue through CNA online classes.
Learning At Your Own Pace
Not everyone can learn at the same pace. Online programs are great for those who seem to do better by learning at their own pace rather than with the rest of the class, be it slower or faster. You can stop and repeat a class whenever you have trouble or move quicker through sections that come easy. Since you control your learning pace in CNA classes online, you may be able to get through the program faster than if you went to a traditional institution.
The affordability of distance learning makes CNA classes online a good deal too. The overhead for an online program is much lower than that of a traditional training course so there is some potential savings there. Plus if you take in to account the amount of money you will save on gas, parking, food and other expenses you would normally accrue by commuting to school, the savings from online CNA classes are significant.
What to Look for in Programs
Unlike a traditional school where location may be an issue, the decision on which online CNA program you attend should come down to a few other factors. First and probably most importantly is whether or not the online CNA program has been accredited by either the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or your state’s board of nursing. The accreditation is extremely important for your credits to transfer if you decide to go back to school for another nursing position.
What is Taught in Online Classes?
The subjects that are taught in CNA classes online are really no different than those taught in the traditional CNA classes. The same information is covered in a slightly different way. You will learn how to perform the duties of a certified nursing assistant as well as the basics of nursing skills, communication, anatomy, physiology and patient care, to name a few.
The main difference between a traditional CNA certification training and CNA classes online is the clinical or lab part of the program. This part of the class must be done in person in a real clinical setting in order to take the certification exam. In the traditional programs, these externships to practice the role and responsibility of a CNA are part of the program.
In the past, online CNA students had to make arrangements with hospitals, nursing homes or long term care centers on their own. Today you will find some of the more reputable programs will help you find an externship in order to do your clinical training. It is best to check with the admissions office to find out if the online CNA program you are interested in offers such amenities.
Are There Any Requirements for CNA Training Online?
While there are not a lot of prerequisites to enroll in CNA classes online, there are still a few that you need to deal with. These include:
- Proof of age, depending on the individual state laws but usually it is 18 years old
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Criminal background check
- Proof of immunization
- Admissions or placement test, if requested by program